2008-12-03

B is for...



Bad Brains S/T.  The self-titled record is nothing shy of amazing.  All their stuff is stellar minus the soul brains tours of recent years.  Ask Spencer and Garrett Trash Talk about substances that HR does back stage to this day.  While you're at it ask them about their trip down Kinsman and up to the Rock and Roll HOF.   Then buy their new record...it sounds like this picture of HR I borrowed from :30 under DC: outstanding.


Runners up: Black Flag "Nervous Breakdown," Blood for Blood "Outlaw Anthems," Battery "Until the End," any Bad Religion Record, Blink 182 "Dude Ranch," The Bane 7" with 'Count Me Out' on it, Blue Monday's "Rewritten," Better than a Thousand "Value Driven" and Betrayed's "Addiction" ep.  Oh, and for Chuck: Bone-thugs-n-Harmony's "E. 1999th eternal."

10 comments:

C-AIF said...

Aw come on, no BOLD "Speak Out"??? BOWEL

Hess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hess said...

Ha that is my fault I dropped the ball on my letter assignment. BOLD test on green vinyl would have obv been my choice with excellent backing points why. Then my list of close but not enuf would have been: Beyond (i love the bassline in One Kind Word...best!), Breakdown demos, Brotherhood (even with White on some demo songs), and well my memory sucks off hand. Shit now I will leave my 'a' choices.

John Committed said...

Hess: Bold "Looking Back" was what I was waiting for here from you.

Nate Hough-Snee said...

It's not too late to make the Bold post...

Nate Hough-Snee said...

And Chuck, quit making non-alphabetical radio-rap posts.

dave said...

glad blink 182 "dude ranch" is in there. such a great album.

XSLABAX said...

I think I am the only one who digs BUILT TO LAST! I am sad for how over looked they are!

Head2Wall said...

What about Boxcutter, Bracket, Boyz II Men, Blitz, And Body Count?

Chuck Right said...

NO TORI US BIG duhh. yall are crazy.